Latest News

Monday 11 July 2011

Kuwait Info Alerts | News

Kuwait Info Alerts | News
Expats lament frustrating bureaucratic processes

Kuwait: "They are always busy doing nothing," thundered Abdul Hassan, a Syrian expatriate at the Kuwait Ministry of Electricity and Water office in South Surra. As you walk into any Kuwait government establishments, you will be welcomed by stony faces waiting anxiously and boiling in anger and frustration. I have been coming here for the past four days now, just to cancel my electricity contract and collect my KD125 insurance deposit. I moved to another apartment in Salmiya, of which, I have to cancel the electricity contract at my former place. This has taken me more than two weeks," Hassan said in dismay. First, I was instructed to go to my former area (Reggae) after which they finally referred me to the head office, claiming that they didn't have money to pay," he continued. "On reaching the head office, I was sent from one office to another. As if that weren't enough, I have just been referred to the Central Bank in Kuwait City - can you imagine that?" Hassan's story was echoed by most of the people interviewed by the Kuwait Times for this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment